I keep posting ads for postdocs with other people but this is actually to work with little old me!
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at Rutgers University is seeking a dynamic and motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to work on developing distributed machine learning algorithms that work on complex neuroimaging data. This work is in collaboration with the Mind Research Network in Albuquerque, New Mexico under NIH Grant 1R01DA040487-01A1.
Candidates with a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or related areas with experience in one of
- distributed signal processing or optimization
- image processing with applications in biomedical imaging
- machine learning theory (but with a desire to interface with practice)
- privacy-preserving algorithms (preferably differential privacy)
are welcome to apply. Strong and self-motivated candidates should also have
- a strong mathematical background: this project is about translating theory to practice, so a solid understanding of mathematical formalizations is crucial;
- good communication skills: this is an interdisciplinary project with many collaborators
The Fellow will receive valuable experience in translational research as well as career mentoring, opportunities to collaborate with others outside the project within the ECE Department, DIMACS, and other institutions.
The initial appointment is for 1 year but can be renewed subject to approval. Salary and compensation is at the standard NIH scale for postdocs.
To apply, please email the following to Prof. Anand D. Sarwate (email@example.com):
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for 3 references
- A brief statement (less than a page!) addressing the qualifications above and why the position is appealing.
- Standard forms: Equal Employment Opportunity Data Form [PDF] Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Form [PDF] Invitation to Covered Veterans to Self-Identify [PDF].
Applications are open until the position is filled. Start date is flexible but sometime in Fall 2016 is preferable.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, military service or any other category protected by law. As an institution, we value diversity of background and opinion, and prohibit discrimination or harassment on the basis of any legally protected class in the areas of hiring, recruitment, promotion, transfer, demotion, training, compensation, pay, fringe benefits, layoff, termination or any other terms and conditions of employment.Advertisements